The Beauport Hotel located in Gloucester is seeking qualified and motivated candidates for the position of Wedding & Event Sales Manager. This position is responsible for social sales, detailing of events, weddings and corporate meetings, while working within a team of Event Managers.
Must have a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in Events, Catering, Hospitality and/or Sales, to include Wedding and Food & Beverage experience. Wedding experience is required.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, specializing in Events, Sales, or Hospitality.
- Provide prospective clients with tours and site visits of the property according to BHG Guidelines.
- Present, explain fully and sell Food/Beverage options to Clients.
- Generate detailed proposals and provide to client.
- Maintain detailed files of communication, and client inquiries, with proper follow-up to prospective clients.
- Produce and provide contracts, securing signature by the client with deposit in a timely manner.
- Generate and service wedding events to include, event space, guest rooms, and food & beverage.
- Produce complete Banquet Event Orders and floor plans to ensure proper execution of the entire event including Food & Beverage, timeline, coordination of vendors and complete production of the event.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients throughout the process to meet and exceed expectations.
- Communicate all insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
- Create post-event evaluations, including meeting notes and updates.