The Front Desk Supervisor is key to driving the guest experience. This position is responsible for supervising the Front Desk, Night Audit, Reservations, Bell, Door and PBX Teams. The Front Desk Supervisor will check guests in and out of the hotel, issue room keys, and direct guests, while assisting with inquiries regarding local amenities, hotel services, shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
Must have at least two (2) or more years of experience in a Hotel, with one (1) or more years of Supervisory experience in Front Desk operations. Previous experience in a Boutique Hotel environment preferred.
- Supervise the team during assigned shift to a consistently high standard.
- Monitor daily operations, ensuring checklists are followed and each shift is ready with promotional offers, VIP guests and special event arrivals.
- Communicating with Housekeeping to ensure a guest’s rooms and special requests are ready and up to standards, ready for guest check-in.
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of team members, coaching when necessary.
- Working with all staff to ensure they are trained and prepared to create memorable guest experiences.
- Resolve guest issues for complete satisfaction and maintaining records for Management.
- Perform payment reconciliation and process guest payments for their accommodations and services during their stay.
- Create and implement training standards for all Front Desk and personnel who report to the Supervisor.
- Maintain the lobby and sitting area including ensuring the coffee, other beverages and snacks are maintained.
- Follow proper cash handling procedures, with the ability to post and reconcile charges applied to guest receipts.
- Attend weekly meetings as necessary.