We are seeking a hospitality professional; strengths in leadership, eye for detail and a team player, for the position of Housekeeping Supervisor at the Beauport Hotel. This position is responsible for Supervising the Housekeeping Department to ensure the highest level of cleanliness throughout the property, to include all guest rooms, public space and laundry facility. The Housekeeping Supervisor will also be responsible for assisting guests with any tasks relating to the cleanliness and/or functionality of guest rooms and related equipment.
Must have at least two (2) years of experience in Hospitality, to include; Housekeeping, Front Desk, Rooms Operations, with at least one (1) year of experience in a Leadership role.
- Lead daily operation of assigned shift, to ensure highest quality of standards are maintained, and service provided is exceptional.
- Coach and counsel Housekeeping & Laundry personnel according to hotel standards.
- Communicate with the Front Office and Maintenance, in regards to any issues that need to be resolved prior to room occupancy.
- Work closely with the Front Office Team to coordinate early arrivals and departures, resolving any room discrepancies before the end of day.
- Ensure Laundry area has adequate supplies of linens washed, folded and ready for use.
- Investigate guest issues and take corrective action with the team.
- Work with the Housekeeping Leadership Team to manage and organize large turn days to include group check-ins and check-outs.
- Complete other projects as assigned by the Executive Housekeeper and Management.
- Assist staff in cleaning of the hotel, performing all duties required of housekeeper, laundry attendant, and other staff members when needed.
- Adjust schedule as needed for assigned shift, according to productivity requirements.
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper with training, scheduling, counseling and motivating of Housekeeping staff.
- Maintain inventory levels and supplies, communicating needs to the Executive Housekeeper.
- Assist with employee safety training to prevent accidents, comply with OSHA regulations, and ensure hotel safety.
- Inspect and clean public areas to comply with department standards and guest expectations.
- Check all rooms each day to ensure cleanliness.