We are seeking guest service professionals for the position of Host/Hostess at the Rail Stop Restaurant & Bar. This position is responsible for a warm and sincere greeting for guests upon arrival. The Host/Hostess will ensure that guests are seated in a timely manner, while evenly distributing tables throughout the dining room.
Must have at least one (1) or more years of experience in a Full-Service, Upscale Restaurant, with a combination of previous experience in Customer Service preferred.
- Meet and greet guests upon arrival, offering choice of seating and escort to the table with a presentation of the menu.
- Maintain proper set-up of dining room, including even distribution of tables for the team.
- Communicate any large party requests or special arrangements to the Manager on Duty.
- Be thoroughly familiar with menu items and related materials.
- Ensure all menus are in pristine condition, free of stains.
- Answer the telephone and respond to guest inquiries in a warm, genuine tone.
- Communicate with the staff regarding special requests/needs of a guest, to include any guest allergies.
- Complete all listed open, side-work, and closing checklists, cleaning checklists, and duties related to shift.
- Close out and check out with manager once shift is complete.
- Assist team members as needed to promote a teamwork environment.