The Executive Chef for 1606 Restaurant & Bar will lead the Restaurant’s Culinary Team alongside the Sous Chefs, working tirelessly to maintain quality in food and work environment. This position is responsible for creating and contributing to the menu’s unique and imaginative appeal by creating dishes tailored to regional tastes. The Executive Chef for 1606 will strive to reflect our commitment to culinary excellence by showcasing a vast collection of the freshest quality seafood and local ingredients.
Culinary degree from an accredited program, and/or equivalent experience is required.
Must have at least four (4) years of progressive Culinary Management experience, with at least two (2) years of Executive Chef experience in a Full-Service Restaurant.
Valid ServSafe and/or Food Managers Certificate
- Oversee hiring, training, scheduling, coaching, mentoring, and administering company policies for the 1606 Culinary Team.
- Create Seasonal Menus and Local Ingredients based upon the freshest local ingredients, to include updating the current Menu as needed with changes.
- Management of all back of house staff in a high-volume kitchen, including ongoing training, development and staff communication.
- Oversee and implement sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhering to all OSHA regulations.
- Maintain and enhance food products through creative menu ideas, innovative recipes and commitment to excellent cuisine.
- Oversee weekly and monthly inventory, to include working with the Sous Chefs on ordering supplies.
- Strong knowledge of back of the house operations to include cost analysis, product quality, and inventory controls.