We are seeking a food & beverage professional to join our team at 1606 Restaurant & Bar located at the Beauport Hotel in Gloucester! This position will be responsible for hiring, staff development, and creating and maintaining relationships with guests in our restaurant & bar area. The Restaurant General Manager should possess a strong passion for the guest’s dining experience, while acting as the liaison between the Kitchen and the Dining Room to create memorable guest experiences.
Must have at least five (5) or more years of strong Restaurant Management experience, preferably in a General Manager capacity.
TIPS Certification required.
- Oversee and lead the daily operations of the Restaurant, Room Service and all Seasonal Food & Beverage functions, while directing day-to-day activities and assignments of the Restaurant Management team.
- Hire, train, evaluate and schedule staff in accordance with the standards of the company and guidelines.
- Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings, communicating information to the team members, such as house count and menu changes.
- Approve schedules for the restaurant team, ensuring proper coverage based upon volume.
- Work seamlessly and in tandem with the team to create memorable experiences for our guests.
- Accurately execute all policies with improvement to quality, service and operations.
- Train and develop the team, while holding the team accountable for maintaining service.
- Must be present on the floor during peak business periods, visiting tables during the customer’s visit.
- Create an environment of engagement for team members, while being a liaison between team members and management.
- Practice and ensure cleanliness and safety in all dining areas, liquor and wine storage areas.
- Coach and counsel team members, monitoring employee performance and issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure monthly inventory is conducted and completed according to proper guidelines, to include: china, glassware, silverware, uniforms, liquor, wine, beer, etc.
- Continually update the Point of Sale system to maintain pricing and make adjustments when necessary; entering daily specials and maintaining counts.
- Control payroll and time edits, owning the time-keeping process.
- Support the company’s philosophy and company culture, by ensuring customer and employee satisfaction.
- Provide direct service to guests as needed.
- Maintain effective communication with the Food & Beverage team, and the Beauport Hospitality properties.
- Complete other projects as assigned by the Managing Director.