We are seeking a passionate Culinary professional to manage the Kitchen alongside our Kitchen Team. The Sous Chef will showcase a vast selection of the freshest quality seafood and local ingredients. The ideal Sous Chef will be able to successfully run daily Kitchen operations by providing guidance and support to the Culinary Team, resulting in a consistent and excellent cuisine for our guests. This position will be accountable for the consistency of the Kitchen operation, ensuring plate presentation is creative and the recipe is followed. The Sous Chef must exhibit a positive attitude, while maintaining a professional demeanor, to ensure the team’s morale is kept. Success will be measured by the growth and development of the team.
Graduation from accredited Culinary school, or equivalent work experience. Culinary Arts Degree preferred, but will consider overall experience.
Minimum of 7 years of Culinary Arts experience; Supervisory and or management experience in a Full-Service Restaurant Kitchen, with at least two (2) years of experience in a Kitchen Management role.
Licenses or Certificates
Preferably ServSafe Certified
- Oversee all production and service of food in the 1606 Restaurant Kitchen.
- Train and lead kitchen employees in the proper preparation of menu items, equipment and safety
- Inspect, select and use the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, fowl and other food preparation of all menu items.
- Observe expediting flow of the Kitchen; making adjustments in order to adhere to control procedures for quality.
- Maintain knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Train and develop all Kitchen staff to ensure the continuation of career growth.
- Oversee weekly and monthly inventories.
- Monitor to ensure proper receiving, storage and rotation of food products, as to comply with the health department regulations, including coverage, labeling, dating and placing items in proper containers for kitchen and service.
- Continually review menus and items, while coordinating with the Executive Chef to update the menus as appropriate, including recipes, menu specifications and productions forecasts.
- Schedule the kitchen staff for proper coverage to be maintained for service levels.
- Oversee that all the equipment in the Kitchen is clean and in proper working condition, ensuring any issues are taken care of with the Engineering team.
- Create and maintain a highly functional, teamwork-oriented, back of the house team.
- Assist the Executive Chef with special projects as assigned.