We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Pastry Sous Chef at the Beauport Hotel! This position will be responsible for writing and maintaining recipes, production, and menu specifications. The Pastry Sous Chef will monitor production flow, cost and control procedures.
Culinary/Pastry Degree from an accredited program, and/or equivalent experience is required.
Must have a minimum of (4) years Pastry Service experience, with a minimum of (2) years leadership experience in a Pastry Kitchen.
- Write, maintain and update all pastry menu specifications, recipes and pictures, production forecasts, and ensure all are being followed.
- Oversee pastry production flow and make-adjustments in order to adhere to control procedures for cost and quality.
- Conduct daily shift briefings with the restaurant staff with menu items, and specials.
- Monitor to ensure proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations, including coverage, labeling, dating, and placing items in proper containers of kitchen and service.
- Check to see that all equipment in the kitchen is clean and in proper working condition, review daily cleanliness practices with culinary team and keep up with daily cleaning schedule.
- Be in the know to current pastry and baking trends and maintain a creative portfolio to use as resources for the restaurant.
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Executive Chef.