We are seeking a passionate Culinary professional to lead the Kitchen alongside our Executive Chef, and Kitchen Management Team. The Sous Chef will showcase a vast selection of the freshest quality cuisine and local ingredients. The ideal Sous Chef will be able to successfully run daily Kitchen functions by providing guidance and support to the Culinary Team, resulting in a consistent and excellent cuisine for our guests. This position will be accountable for the consistency of the Kitchen operation, ensuring plate presentation is creative and the recipe is followed. The Sous Chef must exhibit a positive attitude, while maintaining a professional demeanor, to ensure the team’s morale is kept. Success will be measured by the growth and development of the team.
Culinary degree from an accredited program, and/or equivalent experience is required.
Must have at least three (3) years of progressive experience in Full-Service Restaurant Kitchen, with at least one (1) year of experience in a Management role.
- Assist the Executive Chef and Kitchen Management Team in managing all aspects of the Kitchen, in accordance with the goals and objectives for the team and Restaurant.
- Ensure the highest quality of food is being presented to our guests, through thorough checks of quality.
- Maintain and enhance food products, through assisting with creative menu ideas, innovative recipes, and commitment to exceptional cuisine.
- Knowledge of inventory controls and food/labor cost.
- Training and development of back of house staff.
- Oversee and implement sanitation procedures and organization of work area, adhering to OSHA regulations.
- Complete other assignments as assigned by the Executive Chef.