We are seeking well-versed, Beverage professionals to provide an upscale bar experience, for the position of Bartender at the Rail Stop Restaurant & Bar! This position is responsible for all aspects of Bartending, providing knowledgeable, prompt and courteous service at the bar as well as to the Servers. The Bartender will provide guests with detailed wine, beer and cocktail descriptions and anticipate guest needs.
Must have at least two (2) or more years of Bartending experience in a Full-Service, Upscale Restaurant, with a combination of previous Food & Beverage experience.
Preferably TIPS Certified
- Assist with greeting the guest and creating a memorable first impression.
- Ensure proper set up of bar area prior to service, preparing all garnishes and drink ingredients.
- Provide detailed descriptions of all wines, beers and liquors, with the ability to effectively make recommendations.
- Service of cocktails, wine and beer in accordance with safe alcohol service standards.
- Organize and maintain consistent liquor inventory.
- Serve guests of the bar area efficiently, and with knowledge of the menu.
- Assist in developing innovative drinks for guests and bar menus.
- Adhere to the proper cash handling procedures, obtaining payment and settling all charges.
- Communicate daily drink specials and specialty menu items to the guest.
- Completion of all opening and closing side work, cleaning checklists and duties related to the shift.
- Participate in daily staff meetings and departmental training meetings.