We are seeking a passionate hospitality professional; strengths in guest service, thorough knowledge of the In-Room Dining experience for the position of Room Service Server at the Beauport Hotel. This position is responsible for executing food, beverage and amenity orders, to include deliveries. The Room Service Server will transport trays, serve food and reset tables for service.
Must have at least two (2) or more years of Server experience, preferably in a similar role.
Preferably TIPS Certified
- Answer all incoming Room Service calls with complete knowledge of all menu items and specials, providing accurate menu descriptions to the guest when ordering.
- Input all orders into the Point of Sale system with accuracy.
- Check completed Kitchen orders to ensure they match the guest’s specifications.
- Deliver guest orders in a timely manner to the Guest Room, providing additional assistance if needed.
- Greet guests and briefly describe each dish, inquiring if there are any additional items the guest may need.
- Provide options to the guest for tray removal according to hotel standards.
- Breakdown, clean and set-up of room service trays, condiments, flatware, dishware while maintaining cleanliness of the Room Service area.
- Set-up, breakdown and maintenance of Lobby Beverage station, to include removal.
- Filling and replenishing ice in the Room Service area.
- Maintain cleanliness by washing trays, wiping down all doors, chairs, tables, and surfaces in room service area, organizing room service area, sweeping and quick-mopping floors when needed, wiping down menus, etc.
- Follow hygiene guidelines and adhere to company uniform and standards of appearance policy
- Complete all listed opening and closing checklists, and other duties related to the shifts.
- Follow proper cash handling policy, and processing of room charges for guests.
- Complete other duties assigned by the Manager on duty.