We are seeking a passionate Event professional with a Food & Beverage background, for the position of Event Manager with Beauport Cruiselines. The ideal candidate will be a team player, collaborating with the Cruiseport Management Team, Servers, Bartenders, Boat Crew and Kitchen staff to create a memorable onboard experience for our guests.
Must have at least two (2) or more years of related industry experience, with a combination of previous Food & Beverage or Event experience preferred.
- Coordinate and direct the execution all components of a cruise to include ticket sales, scheduling of serving staff and bartenders, deck seating planning, bar packages, kitchen staff, coordination with clients and catering company and any other special requirements for event to
- Respond to inquiries pertaining to requests for information, pricing and planning for events.
- Meet with potential clients, conduct vessel tours when requested, determining their event requirements; including event type, budget, number of guests, etc.
- ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Produce detailed estimates for events for any guest inquiry and request. When applicable, produce a contract and ensure signature by client and deposit is secured on a timely basis.
- Communicate with catering company to ensure proper execution of the product as promised to the guest.
- Coordinate staffing requirements and maintains and communicates employee schedules.
- Day of Event: Coordinate with vendors, handle client queries, and troubleshoot to ensure the guest’s event runs smoothly.
- Conducts pre-cruise staff meeting to communicate all necessary information regarding seating, bar package, menu, service areas, safety issues, and timeline.
- Ensure that all requirements are completed at the end of the event by the staff, including dismantling and removal of the event, setting up for future event, ensuring staff check-outs are correct and accurate. Deposit event monies and complete all post-event reports.
- Maintain highest standards of sanitation in accordance with local regulation and corporate guidelines.
- Develop and execute programs that improve the level of service and product quality.
- Provide exceptional service to both our guests and crew.