The Beauport Hotel located in Gloucester is seeking qualified and motivated candidates for the position of Event Sales Manager. This position is responsible for social sales, detailing of events, weddings and corporate meetings, while working within a team of Event Managers.
Must have a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in Catering, Hospitality and/or Sales, to include Wedding and Food & Beverage experience. Preferably in a Management role.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, specializing in Events, Sales, or Hospitality.
- Provide prospective clients with tours and site visits of the property according to BHG Guidelines.
- Present, explain fully and sell Food/Beverage options to Clients.
- Generate detailed proposals and provide to client.
- Maintain detailed files of communication, and client inquiries, with proper follow-up to prospective clients.
- Produce and provide contracts, securing signature by the client with deposit in a timely manner.
- Generate and service wedding events to include, event space, guest rooms, and food & beverage.
- Produce complete Banquet Event Orders and floor plans to ensure proper execution of the entire event including Food & Beverage, timeline, coordination of vendors and complete production of the event.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients throughout the process to meet and exceed expectations.
- Communicate all insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
- Create post-event evaluations, including meeting notes and updates.