Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures for vehicle/passenger deck and passenger
- Ability to recognize when equipment is not operating in a proper manner.
- Knowledge of appropriate use of personal protection and safety equipment (earplugs, safety glasses, etc.).
- Ability to use hand and power tools for cleaning and general maintenance.
- General knowledge of nautical terms, commands and signals; principal knots.
- Ability to interact with customers, and fellow employees in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions and lift lines weighing up to 50lbs.
- Ability to function effectively under time constraints and in emergency situations.
- Resistance to motion sickness.
- Beauport Hospitality reserves the right to perform pre-employment substance abuse testing in compliance with Coast Guard regulations.
- Work will take place on the vessel, including all areas, interior and exterior of boat, exposure to sun, heat, cold and changing weather conditions, as well as in an office environment
The Beauport Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.