We are seeking Food & Beverage professionals to join our crew aboard the Beauport Cruiselines! The Bartender aboard the Beauport Cruiselines will be responsible for all aspects of Bartending, providing knowledgeable, prompt and courteous service at the bar as well as to the Servers. This position is responsible for serving the guest with professionalism, while providing knowledge about the points of interest of Cape Ann along the way.
Must have at least two (2) or more years of Bartending experience in a Full-Service Restaurant, Banquet Facility or Cruiseline, with a combination of previous Food & Beverage experience.
Preferably TIPS Certified
- Assist with greeting the guest and creating a memorable first impression.
- Ensure proper set up of bar area prior to service, preparing all garnishes and drink ingredients.
- Provide detailed descriptions of all wines, beers and liquors, with the ability to effectively make recommendations.
- Service of cocktails, wine and beer in accordance with safe alcohol service standards.
- Organize and maintain consistent liquor inventory.
- Assist in developing innovative drinks for guests and bar specials.
- Provide information to guests including cruise route, points of interest and entertainment options.
- Adhere to the proper cash handling procedures, obtaining payment and settling all charges.
- Assist with the set-up and breakdown of the dining room and service stations as assigned by the Shift Leader.
- Completion of all opening and closing side work, cleaning checklists and duties related to the shift.
- Participate in daily staff meetings and departmental training meetings.