We are seeking an innovative Pastry Cook to join our growing team at the Rail Stop Restaurant & Bar. This position will be responsible for preparing and creating all baked goods and desserts. The items will be reflective of the Restaurant and must be the highest quality product and presentation, consistent with the menu descriptions.
This is a full-time role, candidates must have flexible availability to fulfill this role.
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably specializing in Pastry, Culinary arts, and or related experience will be considered.
Must have at least two (2) or more years of related Pastry experience, with experience in an upscale environment preferred.
- Prepare all menu items, creation of all baked goods and desserts in accordance to quality standards.
- Assist the Executive Chef with menu innovation and recipe creation.
- Meet with the team to review anticipated business levels, and menu changes.
- Help to maintain a high level of sanitation and safety as set forth by the Executive Chef.
- Maintain high quality product, consistent with the menu, as set forth by the Executive Chef.
- Inform the Executive Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned.
- Check production schedule and par.
- Inform the Front of the House team of any items not available, and menu specials throughout the meal period.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to assist in controlling food cost.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism at all times.