We are seeking a talented Line Cook to join our growing team at the Rail Stop Restaurant & Bar! This position will be responsible for preparing and creating all menu items as specified. The items will be reflective of the Restaurant and must be the highest quality product and presentation, consistent with the menu descriptions.
This is a full-time role, candidates must have flexible availability to fulfill this role.
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably specializing in Culinary arts, and or related experience will be considered.
Must have at least two (2) or more years of related Culinary experience, with experience in an upscale environment preferred.
- Prepare all hot food items with consistency, according to standard recipes, and/or as specified on the guest check.
- Visually inspect, select and use food items ideal for grilling, sautéing and frying.
- Ensure proper storage and rotation of product, dating all containers and portion control size.
- Work closely with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef to ensure all items are in stock and prepare requisitions for food items needed for production and setting up work station.
- Familiar with a variety of culinary field concepts, procedures and preparation methods.
- Review prep list, check daily pars and maintain pars as necessary.
- Help to maintain a high level of sanitation and safety as set forth by the Executive Chef.
- Ensure all equipment in working area is clean and in proper working condition.
- Maintain high quality product, consistent with the menu, as set forth by the Executive Chef.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to assist in controlling food cost.
- Ability and willingness to work all stations in the Kitchen.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism at all times.